Travelling with your pets to another country may be a daunting task, but at Dawson Street Veterinary Clinic, we can provide you with veterinary services to help with the process!
To get started, it is recommended that clients research the requirements for the country your pet is being exported to:
1. The government website of the country where you are exporting TO:
The designated countries official government website
USA: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aph... (Please check the specific state you are travelling to)
2. The government website of the country (Canada) where you are exporting FROM:
3. The CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency), Animal Health
4. The airline your pet will be flying with:
Please contact the airline your pet will be flying with for information on any required fees, kennel size, and documents
What services can we provide to help your pet travel?
- Microchip implantation
- Updating vaccinations
- Blood titer test (FAVN rabies titer test)
- Parasite medication
- Medication to help anxious pets
- Health Examinations
- Filling out Documents such as:
- Vaccination certificate
- International Health Certificate (usually need to be printed on legal sized paper)
Please keep in mind that we are happy to help with the veterinary services that your pet needs, but ultimately, researching and scheduling appointments within the necessary timeline for travelling is the responsibility of the pet owner.
It is advised to book your appointments well in-advance as we may be booking 1 - 2 weeks ahead.
If you would like to know the estimate of the costs or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 604-620-9091 during office hours.
Please click to download a link to a checklist of of frequently asked questions we may require of you. pet-export-checklist-international.pdf