To Our Valued Clients:
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC:
At the moment, we are still currently open for business, BUT if things change due to any unforeseen circumstances, we will notify all clients immediately and call to cancel/reschedule clients with any upcoming appointments.
Please follow our current guidelines listed below:
*Revised COVID-19 Protocol Updates:
As of April 8th, 2022
Masks are recommended.
"Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises. It’s important that we respect the choices of people, businesses and one another."
As of August 25th, 2021
Public Health Order on masks in public indoor settings
Masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
There are exemptions for:
- People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
- People who cannot remove a mask on their own
- Children under the age of 12
- People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person's hearing impairment
A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth.
As of July 1st, 2021
The government has announced that BC is in Step 3 of the Restart plan.
Our revised COVID-19 protocol includes lifting the occupancy limit and mandatory mask wearing requirements. Please see below for more details on what this means during your visits.
No occupancy limit: We no longer will be enforcing the limit of 2 clients per household or limiting the number of clients within a specific area of the clinic. As a courtesy to any stressed or unfriendly patients currently in the clinic, we may still request clients to wait outside until arrangements can be made.
Optional mask wearing: Mandatory masks will no longer be enforced. To be mindful of others, we may advise any ill employees or clients to wear a mask or to stay at home.
The B.C. government has recommended to keep wearing your mask in indoor public locations until you have been fully vaccinated, this includes 14 days after the 2nd COVID-19 vaccination dose. Please respect others' decisions in whether they have chosen to continue or discontinue wearing a mask even after being vaccinated.
We appreciate everyone’s understanding & cooperation to maintain a safe environment!
For more information about the coronavirus please see the following links:
Government of Canada
WHO: World Health Organization
BC CDC: BC Centre for Disease Control
WSAVA: World Small Animal Veterinary Association https://wsava.org/news/highlighted-news/the-new-coronavirus-and-companion-animals-advice-for-wsava-members/
Welcome to Dawson Street Veterinary Clinic
Your Family Veterinarian in Burnaby, BC
Call us at 604-620-9091
If you live in Burnaby or the surrounding area in BC, then you have picked the perfect site to find a veterinarian. Dr. Darla Cabanas is a licensed veterinarian, treating all types of companion animals. Your pet's health and well-being is our priority and you can trust us to always offer your pet our best possible care and attention.
Dawson Street Veterinary Clinic is a full service animal clinic to provide wellness/illness examinations, radiology, spay/neuter surgery, lump removal surgery, dental cleaning and extractions under anesthesia, as well as other types of appointments for your pet's health concerns.
Dr. Darla Cabanas is a caring, compassionate, and experienced veterinarian that you can trust to care for your beloved pet. Beyond compassionate pet care, our clinic environment is cozy, comfortable, kid-friendly, positive, and calm so that your pet can relax and look forward to meeting the veterinarian!
Our Burnaby office is centrally-located in the lower mainland and has easy access from Lougheed/Broadway, Highway 1, Grandview/12th Avenue, Boundary Road, or Willingdon! You can find us using the "Get Directions" button at the bottom of this page or from our Contact Us page. We have dedicated parking at the back of the clinic.
If you have a question for us, please call 604-620-9091 and we'll help you as soon as possible.
We look forward to meeting you and your pet soon!
Dr. Darla Cabanas
Burnaby Veterinarian | Dawson Street Veterinary Clinic | 604-620-9091
102-4381 Dawson Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B4
Closest to our location: Canada West Veterinary Specialist
BURNABY DOG TAG LICENSES
We are no longer selling Burnaby Dog licenses.
You may purchase it from Burnaby City Hall.
More information is available on the City of Burnaby website.
OUR OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Saturday 9:30am - 6:30pm
Closed for LUNCH Mondays-Saturdays between 2:00-3:00pm
We are closed on ALL Sundays and Statutory Holidays.
Please follow our social media for more frequent updates!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dawsonstreetvet/
Please see our 2022 Holiday schedule below:
- Saturday, January 1st, 2022 ----------- CLOSED for New Year's Day
- Monday, February 21st, 2022 ---- CLOSED for Family Day
- Friday, April 5th, 2022 -------------- CLOSED for Good Friday
- Monday, May 23rd, 2022 ----------- CLOSED for Victoria Day
- Friday, July 1st, 2022 -------------CLOSED for Canada Day
- Monday, August 1st, 2022 -------- CLOSED for BC Day
- Monday, September 5th, 2022 --- CLOSED for Labour Day
- Friday, September 30th, 2022-CLOSED for Truth and Reconciliation Day
- Monday, October 10th, 2022 ------ CLOSED for Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 11th, 2022-- CLOSED for Remembrance
- Saturday, December 24th, 2022 ------ CLOSED for Christmas Eve
- Sunday, December 25th, 2022 --- CLOSED for Christmas Day
- Monday, December 26th, 2022 -- CLOSED for Christmas Day (in lieu)
- Saturday, January 1st, 2022 ------ CLOSED for New Years
- Monday, January 3rd, 2022 ------ CLOSED for New Years (in lieu)